Welcome to the Tibetan Buddhist Society (TBS) community information page, which aims to keep students and friends of the TBS informed about and involved in the running and development of the Melbourne centre.
On this page you can find the minutes of TBS community-wide meetings (Community meetings); documents that provide information about decision-making processes at the centre (Decision-making at the TBS and Notes from director meetings); and tools to enable all community members to input ideas to develop and grow our centre (Bringing ideas to life at the TBS and the Form to share your ideas and suggestions).
Also found on this page are Frequently Asked Questions about the structure and running of the centre as well as other policy documents such as the TBS Complaints Process. The page is a work in progress and new documents will be added from time to time.
From its very beginnings, the TBS has been a volunteer powered and inspired organisation, established with the guidance, wisdom and foresight of the Society’s founder and spiritual guide, Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden. We want to make it as easy as possible for our community to be informed about what’s going on and to have an opportunity to take part in shaping the future of our centre.
Here are the minutes of TBS community-wide meetings which are hosted twice yearly by the community support team. They aim to seek community input and to provide feedback about the activities of the 10 various volunteer teams that organise the main functions of the centre. (For more information about the teams click here.)
- Notes from the TBS Community meeting 27 November 2021 – click here
- Notes from the TBS Community meeting 21 May 2022 click here
- Notes from the TBS Community meeting 26 November 2022 click here
- Notes from the TBS Community Meeting 27 May 2023 click here
DOCUMENTS TO ASSIST TBS COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
This section includes the form to use (and its supporting guidelines document) should you wish to raise a new idea or make suggestions for change at the TBS. You will also find a FAQ document and policy documents such as the Complaints Process, and Decision-making at the TBS:
- Bringing ideas to life at the TBS – click here
- Form to share your ideas and suggestions – click here
- TBS Melbourne complaints process – click here
- TBS Melbourne FAQs – click here
- Decision-making at the TBS – click here
DIRECTOR MEETING NOTES
These notes are aimed to inform students, supporters and friends of the Peaceful Land of Joy Meditation Centre about issues discussed at TBS Melbourne directors’ meetings. These meetings occur 4-6 times a year. The committee of directors gives general guidance to the activities of the Tibetan Buddhist Society, in accordance with written guidelines and principles set by our founder and spiritual leader, Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden. Directors are not remunerated for their role. (For more information about directors click here.)
- Summary from June and August 2023 directors’ meetings click here
- Summary from January and March 2023 directors’ meetings click here
- Summary from August and October 2022 directors’ meetings’ click here
- Summary from April and June 2022 directors’ meetings click here
- Summary from 19 March 2022 directors’ meeting – click here
- Summary from directors’ meetings – December 2021 and January 2022 – click here
- Summary from directors’ meetings – August to October 2021 – click here
- Summary from directors’ meetings – April and June 2021- click here
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.